Any car accident can shake up your life, but when you are seriously injured in a crash in Washington, simply making it from one day to the next may be all you can handle. If the other driver did not have an adequate auto insurance policy, concern over who will pay your medical bills and other damages may make the situation seem intolerable. The legal team at [nap_names id=”FIRM-NAME-4″], P.S., has helped many car accident victims find solutions in cases like these.

If the other driver was texting, intoxicated or speeding, there may be ample evidence that he or she was at fault. Any coverage that person’s policy provides should be applied to your damages. You may be able to file a lawsuit, as well. However, taking someone to court and winning will not help you if the defendant has no money. Your own insurance policy may provide you with coverage, though.

According to the Office of the Insurance Commissioner of Washington State, when you purchased your own auto insurance, the company was required to offer you personal injury protection. With PIP, even though you are not at fault, you may receive compensation for medical bills, lost wages, loss of services and funeral expenses. If any family members in your household were victims, the compensation also extends to their damages, too. Unless you rejected the PIP option in writing, your insurance company added it to your coverage.

For more information about motor vehicle crashes and compensation for damages, visit our webpage.