Family Law Services For Your Changing Family
All families change over time, and sometimes those changes need to be formalized. Whether your family is changing in a way that is welcomed or painful, Cooney Law Offices will help you work through the legal process as quickly and efficiently as possible.
A Wide Range Of Family Law Services
We offer family law services, including:
- Divorce: We help dissolve your marriage or enter into legal separation.
- Division of property: Washington is a “community property” state, which means that each spouse has legally mandated rights with regard to property acquired both during, and possibly before, the marriage.
- Spousal support/alimony: Some spouses continue to have a financial relationship after their divorce, depending on each spouse’s income, domestic and child-rearing responsibilities during the marriage, and other factors.
- Child custody and visitation: Couples with minor children must make a plan for those children after the divorce. This requires the parents to answer questions such as where the children will live and how often they will see each parent.
- Child support: Child support payments can be used to make up for differences in child care responsibilities as well as differences in income between parents.
- Modifications to existing arrangements: Family needs change over time, and formal legal arrangements governing your family may change too. A 4-year-old, for instance, has very different needs from a 13-year-old. Parenting plans can be modified to reflect such changes. Likewise, financial situations change, and you may need to alter an existing support arrangement for your family.
Cooney Law Offices can advocate for your family. Learn more about your rights and options by sending an email or calling 509-598-2677 to schedule your consultation. Do not wait to do what is right for you and your family.